Tuesday, December 25, 2012

CHRISTMAS!

...I LOVE CHRISTMAS MORE THEN I LOVE PEPSI MAX, wow big call!

What better day to write a blog then on Christmas night. 

I sit here satisfied with a belly full of food, I have basked in all my glory from winning several board games and I've really cleaned up in the present department. 

Now most of you will not get a chance to read due to either;
  •     Being plum tuckered out from a massive day.
  •      Passed out from obviously being to jolly (not because you get very drunks cos you're that person with the shit family)
  •      Or you are too cool to be on the net at 11.02 pm on Christmas.

…I'm not any of those. Either way I hope you find time to read me.

The past twelve months has delivered some very lows, a few highs and some mediums? I know that's probably the right terminology but the right terminology has never stopped me before. 

I have not learnt a lot -like normal. I retain useless knowledge which serves me no purpose and I've realized if you are playing trivial pursuit and you want to win don’t pick 90’s trivia pick popular culture. I was born in 1990 so I feel like versing brother, aunty and uncle was a tad unfair. Moving on... (I won all the other games just a FYI...I'm a little competitive). 

A lot of people this year have told me at least you will be thankful and more appreciate of things. That I will not. I have always been appreciative and thankful so that is saying is a heap of crap... It's kind of like saying I will want kids one day.

Another thing I've learnt in my year of adult hood is I will never grow up. I will be like Peter Pan – the boy that never grows up. I enjoy board games and pillow pets and bon-bons and musical hats and putting 'and' where commas should be. These small things in life are what make me happy. So if a cheap thrill is all it takes I will forever be happy. 

I've learnt which friends I’m glad I've kept. This didn't need learning as I was always aware they were awesome and even though I’m not good at replying to your texts I like it when my phone whistles and your name is there.

I've learnt there is always a place to pick up men.  Whether it’s the doctor in ICU saving your life or the workmen fixing the elevator there is always a time to be cute and charming.

This leads me to the next exciting stage of my life… 22. I have waited a whole year so I can use the line “Hey I’m Mets and I’m a catch 22!” – Witty and funny, I know it will work a treat! I'll keep you posted.

Being 22 is making me old. All my Christmas gifts are useful; iron, food processor, sewing machine, whisk, can opener, measuring cups, measuring spoons, herb chopper, egg poacher and pizza cutter. These items well ‘serve’ me well. The dinner parties will be out of control – pizzas cut so clean, egg whites light and fluffy, perfectly poached eggs in the morning, baking with correct quantities, drinking from beautiful wine glasses… It will be an amazing year to be my friend. Last but not least I cannot forget the pineapple carver. I cannot wait to carve pineapples and put jelly crystals and tooth picks on them and be cute.
So Christmas was pretty much a kitchen tea minus a fiance... Couldn't be more perfect if it wanted. 

My two gifts that are more fun, if you are not into home wares, is an iPAD thanks to Ryon and my pillow pet Eeyore. He had a giant snooze with me tonight after I got a bit drunk playing trivial pursuit 90's because drinking was fun when you don't know the answers. I did genuinely get one wedge, the ugly brown one [sad face]. I realized I was a bit drunk though when I kept going 'HOW NOW BROWN COW' after anytime someone landed on brown question.

I may have been the brunt of all the jokes this year but I may or may not have broken a penis. Jokes! Between the acquired brain injured brother, mother baldy and the dead dog you were lucky to get a mention.

Quick thanks for not only reading my blog but for being good people to me. It does not go unnoticed I see my blog profile viewing increasing every time so it's definitely noticed. 

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT…

YOU’RE THE BEST,
RACHI METS xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot!